Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One night...

.
.
.
.

One night, we went to have dinner.
We were put into this small little table,
in this small little restaurant.

The table is in the middle of this cozy and warm lit place.
There we ordered something.
And again we get soup of the day...

There are voices and laughters all around me...
Sitting in the centre of the place,
you get to listen to all sorts of things and
you get the 360 view of everything.

A gentleman came in, and alone.
Which was the climax of the whole night for me.
I kept looking at him.
I didn't know him, I still don't.
He smiled.

He started with two glasses of house red.
And as well, soup of the day.
He was looking very decent, tall, balancedly mascular,
and most of all he gives me a sense of security.

There he finished his soup,
risotto, I thought, I want risotto too.
Our food was fairly fast,
everything we ordered were just here too soon.

While our chattering and food eating.
He patiently waited for his risotto...
And I started to feel like we are friends.
I was trying to keep up with his risotto,
and I just asked the waiter, if the risotto was coming yet...
It was in Chinese. I don't think he can speak Chinese.

The dish is finally here.
It was peaceful to watch him eat, alone.
I can't stop peeking.
I felt just so harmonious, with all the melody in my mind.
The charisma, was fascinating me.

He slowly finished the risotto.
Then sat for a little.
It was as if I know what he was thinking in his mind.
It was, like I know something.
But I do not, in the cruel reality.

Check please.
I didn't want him to leave that soon.
But what kind of a pervert was I if I asked him to stay....
I thought.
A stupid coward I was.
Before I know, he'd already signed his name on the bill...
taken his card back and moved his chair back to get his night moving.
I smiled. Said "Bye Bye", and watched him leave.

This night have been a re-occuring aftertaste for me.
Hence all these absurdity.
It was a wonderful experience.
I had a great time with him.
So long, dear friend...

.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story.